Howard Homonoff provides his clients with unique and actionable insights on the media business. Insights that help clients to seize untapped competitive opportunities and manage undue risk in their businesses, particularly related to the exploitation of intellectual property and management of complex legal and regulatory challenges. Howard draws on his extraordinary breadth of experience as a media executive, management consultant, government policymaker, lawyer and trusted advisor all if which is the foundation of The Homonoff Media Group, the firm he founded and leads.
Howard has a proven track record of consistently driving growth in newly emerging and established companies. He is an outstanding strategist distinguished for contributing as in-house and outside counsel, business consultant, and government policymaker, is accomplished in all areas of communication strategies, including identifying, building, and maintaining collaborative business relationships, and has served as an expert witness on the cable, broadband and digital media industries in proceedings before government regulatory bodies and courts.
Howard’s record of success includes the following:
* Helped launch Verizon FiOS TV, negotiating content licensing and distribution agreements, resulting in acceleration of successful launch and growth of disruptive game-changing service in multichannel video business.
* Helped establish and grow PwC’s Entertainment, Media & Communications global advisory practice.
* Directed innovative exploitation of CNBC content on digital media platforms as Vice President and General Manager of CNBC Strategic Ventures.
* Successfully spearheaded negotiations driving over $1 billion in incremental revenues for dozens of agreements to distribute CNBC, MSNBC and the NBC broadcast stations.
Howard has an extensive background as a lecturer, author and academic in media, including serving as Associate Professor and Program Director for the Masters Degree Program in Television Management at Drexel University. He has lectured at venues including:
* Columbia Business School
* Duke University Fuqua School of Business
* New School University
* The Cable Show (NCTA)
* National Association of Television Programming Executives (NATPE)
Howard received a B.A. in government with distinction in all subjects from Cornell University and a J.D. from New York University School of Law.